Senior SQL Architect
InfoMC is a fast-paced, growing company which provides collaborative healthcare process management technology to improve the quality, cost and value of care. At InfoMC, we believe that it is possible to directly improve care through technology, and provide state of the art capabilities that improve care coordination of chronic illness and wellness. Our solution provides process management software to the commercial and public sector markets, for use in managed behavioral healthcare, disease management, and EAP/Work-Life. Our member centric approach offers integrated technology solutions that enhance interaction between payers, providers and consumers.
The Senior SQL Architect is a member of the Technology Operations team and will be responsible for development and maintenance of the database architecture necessary to run InfoMC software. This individual will design, develop, and maintain new tables, data structures, and database objects (stored procedures, views, functions) to enhance InfoMC’s application databases. You will be responsible for the performance and reliability of ETL processes across InfoMC products and cloud-based implementations. You will increase the performance of ETL processes through understanding the architecture, evaluating the design approach, making recommendations and gaining approval for design, data, process, and implementation changes, and then executing on those recommendations.
You should have a passion for data, optimization, scalability, reliability, and be very detailed-oriented in coding and data quality standards. Our healthcare-focused business requires stringent adherence to security policies, procedures, and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for influencing projects/initiatives and making decisions related to data including data quality, SQL Architecture and data management best practices
- Create Claims system architecture and fully document all components.
- Lead the physical database design and implementation process for large, complex projects.
- Create a system flow diagram that includes all inputs/outputs into the process.
- Identify technologies used in all system components, i.e., SSIS, SQL, VFP, etc.
- Identify processing bottlenecks that can be targeted for improvement.
- Create development plan that includes test data and unit test needs.
- Define data retention policy and archiving strategy.
- Present improvement area recommendations to InfoMC leadership.
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions with project team and clients.
- Analyze performance of programming code to pinpoint frequently used, inefficient algorithms.
- Serve as subject matter expert in systems design and development standards.
- Recommend refactoring, reengineering, and architecture of legacy applications and systems.
- Act as lead developer/architect for on and off shore project development teams.
- Convert current SOAP frameworks to REST.
- Implement 3rd party workflow management system and integrate with current applications.
- Coordinates specific database performance monitoring and tuning tasks including the design of optimization and indexing schemas, as well as partitioning for complex projects
- Perform peer reviews of project deliverables across project staff to ensure accuracy and quality of delivery.
- Clear understanding of performance and automated testing best practices and principles.
- Create system architecture diagrams.
- Create and manage an array of data design deliverables including data models, data diagrams, data flows and corresponding data dictionary documentation
- Assist in leading the development and implementation of various strategic SQL Architecture initiatives around master data management, data quality, data management policies/standards, data governance, and metadata management
- Assist in determining the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the SQL Architecture, create necessary implementation/migration plans, and recommend new solutions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent work experience
- Deep expertise in the Microsoft SQL Server product family
- 7+ years of experience with large and complex database models, systems and architectures in the healthcare industry
- Strong technical understanding of SQL Architecting, large-scale data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data, and derived/analytic data
- Experience in healthcare data interoperability standards: HL7 C-CDA, FHIR, ADT, and healthcare EDI transactions
- Experience in HIPAA data privacy practices and regulations
- Solid interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Software: Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SharePoint, IIS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visio, Erwin, FileNET, Visual Source Safe, Crystal Reports, PVCS
- Databases: SQL Server, NoSQL, Tableau, Mongo
Highlighted benefits for being a Team member:
InfoMC is an equal opportunity employer with a generous compensation plan
- Excellent earning potential with qualifying annual bonuses
- Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Weekly lunch (1x) provided, fresh fruit, dry snacks available daily
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Gym on premises
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Conveniently located in the heart of Conshohocken, PA, near the 130-mile Schuylkill River Trail; adjacent to the Conshohocken train station for SEPTA Regional Rail Line
Local Candidates ONLY – Conshohocken, PA (Suburb of Philadelphia Metro Area). Authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorship provided by Company.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org