Enhancements Across the Board for Coordinated Care, Managed Behavioral Healthcare, and EAP/WorkLife Solutions
March 16, 2017 [Conshohocken PA] – InfoMC Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based healthcare management and care coordination software, is pleased to announce the general availability of version 3.3 of the Incedo Healthcare Management System, which is the foundation of the companys Coordinated Care, Managed Behavioral Healthcare and EAP/Worklife Solutions. This new release delivers enhanced functionality that will empower InfoMC customers to improve and strengthen the quality of care they are providing for their patients.
With the new version of the software, InfoMC has enhanced functions touching upon virtually every component of the system. The included enhancements are specifically designed to provide more Clinical support for Care Managers, foster an integrated care approach, and increase patient engagement, ultimately improving patient care and outcomes.
“We are very excited to announce the release of Incedo 3.3. This release provides our customers with access to new and enhanced tools for standardizing clinical care requests and processes. We have also added member and caregiver access to Incedo CareConnect, our Care Team portal. Ensuring member and caregiver engagement as part of the Care Team process is significant to positive health outcomes, and we are looking forward to seeing the results,” said Susan Norris, PhD, InfoMCs Chief Clinical Officer.
Highlights of the new release by Solution include:
Managed Behavioral Healthcare:
- New Appeals module providing robust capabilities to support NCQA and URAC Appeals standards and processes.
- Addition of a Simple Service Request function in Incedo and ProviderConnect to streamline the process of submitting and processing service requests and expedite authorizations.
- Updates to Incedo CareConnect, the Care Team Portal, including the addition of patient and caregiver access, as well as a patient home page with helpful links and team information.
- Addition of Care Team email notifications in order to alert care team members to pertinent changes to a patients care plan, based on patient consent.
- Ability to import additional data elements from InSpotlight (ID/Strat) into a patients record, such as: diagnosis, medication, treatment providers, and reference claims.
- Ability to configure WorkLife provider profiles and perform WorkLife Provider searches for member referrals based on provider profiles.
- New Preferred Material Sets Module providing the ability to create a set of WorkLife materials and designate it as the preferred group for a defined case type and topic, providing a fast and easy method to collect relevant articles for an episode.